Hi I’m Heather, a new Mom currently on maternity leave who enjoys cooking and baking. I also have to watch my pennies until I return to work, thereofore I’m interested in finding meals that are often inexpensive without sacrificing flavour. I first got the idea to create this blog when I recieved The Cooks illustrated Cookbook for Christmas this year. l really wanted to know if the recipes would be foolproof with results that wowed! I got excited about cooking again and couldn’t wait to return to my own kitchen in Ottawa, Ontario after spending months away at my parent’s place in Newfoundland and Labrador. Then it occured to me that I had half a bookshelf filled with cookbooks that were collecting dust and that I could be testing them to share with others. Wish me luck! I look forward to reading your feedback 🙂
On this blog you will find:
- Photos and reviews of recipes I’ve tried from cookbooks, magazines or online
- Links to weekly Ottawa, ON flyers
- Some regional recipes from Newfoundland +Labrador
- Information and photos from Ottawa food markets, Delis, cafés , etc.
- Occasional arts and crafts projects and other tidbits from my adventures as a mom and artist